Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day four...chasing the sun

We woke to the sound of rain, and after our complimentary breaky, we saddled up to the computer to find where the sun went. Guess what...the only ray of sunshine was headed  for..you guessed it..Saskatchewan. Bruce was getting weary of being snowed and rained on, so was I, and the entire province was showing rain icons. I decided to ride shotgun with him to the clear sky spot, and nearing Red Deer, the sky broke enough to let a little ray through...this meager smattering was enough to lift our spirits a little. The miles burned by quickly, and by 7:30 we were home. I thought that this was a good place to hole up, as camping was out of the question, and hotels are too pricey for an extended stay. This will give me a chance to re-stock and service the bike, and catch up on man stuff that needs doing here. All it really cost me was a day and a couple tanks of gas. I'm in a holding pattern until I see a break in the weather(might be a couple days), and then the plan is to head north to the Alcan, before it gets too late(might be already). Thanks for watching.  P

BIKE REVIEW - The new DL-1000...I call her Big D, performed flawlessly. It has the grunt and handling of a sport bike, electric smooth power delivery, with the load carrying capacity of an adventure-tourer. Once you get used to the noises emanating from her belly, she performs brilliantly. Kind of like riding a Harley, only without the shake and break.(snicker)  I'd give it 4 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment