Tuesday, September 28, 2010

False start today..still hurting

Got a fairly early start today..09:00, and felt pretty good. An hour out, though, I started to unravel. Stopped at my parent's place in Harris for tea, and to deliver the new computer mouse I promised. Something just didn't feel right. Heading south once again, I got to Rosetown, and pulled into the 7-11, and sat there for about 10 minutes, and felt like I had nothing left to give..wasted. This is stupid, I thought. Not wanting to calf out this early, I felt it best to head back. On the way back, I encountered the most savage cross wind I have ever ridden through.....really. Big D is no light weight, and she was tossed around like a toy. I found that it was easier to let the wind turn my helmet sideways, and turn the globes to see ahead. By the time I got home, I was totally wasted, and had a major coffee headache to boot. Picked up a Timmy, and fell asleep in the back yard. Hoping to take one more crack at it..maybe tomorrow. I know that if I get south and over the pass, I should be ok. Maybe I'll take saskff's advice...take a couple tylenol, and hit the road.

over and out      philly

2 comments:

  1. listening to your body is wisdom. good luck with the weather. there are big open windows at this time of year, just a matter of timing. electric vest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giddy up!!
    Some great pics there amigo!

    ReplyDelete