Friday, September 17, 2010

End of Phase 2 - Whitecourt to home

The morning was foggy, as ususal, but soon lifted. The clouds hung low, looking cold and ominous. A light rain was misting down...not much, so I decided against rain gear. The road was clear, traffic light, so I made good time. All in all, a pretty good day. As I rode east, the rain clouds were visibly going the same direction. When stopped for gas, it seemed to catch up. My favorite Timmy along this road is at Vegreville. I stopped there for a coffee and a stretch. Pretty ho hum stuff, considering where I just came from. It's all good, though...not many things in this world give me joy like blasting down the road on a competent steed. The anti climax of arriving home, finding everything the same, is somewhat of a mixed bag. Any issues you rode away from rear their ugly head as soon as you stop rolling. Heck of a ride, though, one that I will repeat, and soon. I put more miles on my bike than I had in the last five years combined. Looks like a holding pattern for now...unseasonably cold air has moved in, and looks like it may be around a while. I was hoping to make a run south before winter, but..we'll see what develops. Thanks for watching

Once again...I have some short vids on You Tube....my channel is frphilia. 

Over and out..philly

No comments:

Post a Comment