Saturday, September 11, 2010

North to Alaska???

Headed out today into a savage headwind out of the west. It felt like it was blowing off a glacier.....brr. At the gas stop and Timmy Ho at Battleford I met Anellio...the pasta guy, riding with a gaggle of harley dudes. We had a quick chat, then blasted off. They were only going as far as Lloyd, so I never saw them again. I kept a brisk pace in spite of the wind. Big D has no trouble powering into the wind, but she did suck a little more gas. Arrived at Whitecourt about 7:30, and wanted a little more, so I rode into the setting sun(hard on the globes) and arrived at Fox Creek...a little town full of rig pigs, and old motels. I scored a single room on the ground floor, but I'm going to have to stop earlier, and try to find some camping places, as motels get pricey real quick. checking the weather...doesn't look stellar...would like to blast straight through  to Liard tomorrow. We'll see what the am brings.      P

1 comment: