Monday, September 27, 2010

Trying to get pointed south

I have been packed and ready for days, but I am not firing on all cylinders. Some kind of virus or something is kicking my butt, and getting out of bed is almost enough for the day. The unseasonably warm weather won't last forever. I got a week of vacation time bumped back to Oct 2..thanks Thod. Now I just have to get my old carcass on Big D, and head south. Tomorrow is the 28th, and I'm going to give it a shot...head south, and try to get across the line in good time, and take advantage of the cheaper camp spots and lodging. I still haven't decided which pass to use, maybe just stay on I90, or maybe play it by ear. In this less than stellar condition, riding days may be shorter than normal..if I really start to crater, I'll turn back...better a live woosie than a dead or crippled martyr.
I'm trying real hard to justfy going for the longest leg of the trilogy at this late date. Perhaps because people are saying ooooh, it could get rough, and I feel I have something to prove..I don't know..I hope it is just because I find such joy in riding to new places, and the clock is ticking. Of course, the old guilty feeling is creeping in, leaving the fam behind while I adventure alone...hard to shake that..hoping it settles down as the ride unfolds.

over and out     philly

1 comment:

  1. Actually, we're saying, "Giv'r!" Now, take a couple of Tylenol and get going.

    ReplyDelete